Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Getting w.Bloggar to work with Blogger Beta

Getting w.Bloggar to work with Blogger Beta
I signed up for Blogger Beta. Only to find out that none of my posting softwares work. I earlier used to use w.Bloggar, and had been using Windows Live Writer for the last few days. I downloaded w.Bloggar's latest version and tried setting it up with my new Blogger Beta blog. Behold the Beta Gods. It said my username/password didn't match. I realised it was not connecting to the beta interface, but rather to the old Blogger interface. And the old Blogger interface cannot login a Google Accounts username/password.

Being a lazy person, I searched the net first to see if womeone else had come up with a solution. My search yeilded no results. So I tried to play with the w.Bolggar account settings. Luckily, I got it right in the first attempt. Anyways, I decided to share this info with you all. So here is a step by step with screenshots (click on them to enlarge).

Getting w.Bloggar to work with Blogger Beta :
Requirements :
  1. A Blogger Beta blog
  2. w.Bloggar
  3. Internet connection


Instructions :
Step 1 : Fire up the account selection box in w.Bloggar. You can reach it by Clicking on File, Select Account or by pressing F9
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 2 : Click on the Icon next to the account name.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 3 : Selct New
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 4 : Select "Yes, I want to add it as a new account"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 5 : Select Custom from the drop down list and fill in a name for you account. Select Ping if you would like to notify Weblogs or Technorati upon updates. Click Next.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 6 : Keep the settings as is. Click Next.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 7 : In the Host field type in "beta.blogger.com". (Without the quotes, of course!)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 8 : In the Path field type in "/api". (Without the quotes, of course!). Click "Next"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 9 : Type in your Google Accounts username/email and your password. Select "Save password" if you would like w.bloggar to remember your password.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Step 10 : Click Finish. You are done.

Do send your comments and feedbacks.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

I have gone through the setup as suggested and while it allows me to post, it strips off the Title every time - any idea why this might happen ?

Unknown said...

@Jeremy: Yes, Jeremy, I am also facing the same problem. I am looking at the Blogger Beta API, to look for a hack. Until then you will have to manually edit your posts to set the title.

Take care and keep smiling,
Regards,
Santosh Mishra
Santosh Mishra Online
Beautiful Women
Interesting Emails

Max Payne said...

hey man gud work man

how can i convert my blogger acnt to beta

Every thing


Download everything free here

for Nokia N-GAGE And Other Mobile Phones

http://all-about-ngage.blogspot.com/

for Job Assistance Like Placement Papers and IT comp

http://all-about-placements.blogspot.com/

for MOBILES and PC

http://desifun4you.blogspot.com/

for ANY THING ELSE

http://amityvision.forumup.in/

Greg said...

Excellent! Many thanks. And as soon as you've found out how to get blogger to "see" the post title, do let us know!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...